Q:What can you do to keep the momentum after a meeting? You’ve already taken the time to meet. Don’t waste it by letting the meeting fizzle out at the end.
Document key decisions, next steps, and owners
- Document and confirm key decisions, next steps, and task owners BEFORE you end the meeting.
- Assuming that everyone is aligned, without confirmation, increases the likelihood you’ll lose momentum after the meeting.
- What did you accomplish during the meeting?
- Sharing outcomes will help maintain momentum while increasing transparency and accountability.
- The key to maintaining momentum is to ensure that every attendee leaves with a clear understanding of what was agreed on during the meeting, what the next steps are, and who will be held accountable for completing open tasks.